E. The market town Eulau *
Eulau , on which Luhbuhcebach, a former market town, was formerly known as Gilow, Jilow, Ilove, Ilow, Ilaw, Ilavia, Eulaw, Eylle, Eula, Eulau, – belonged to the great Walde Lawin (Liben), came by donation into the property of the Johanniter , then to the owners of Grosskaudern, Straden and Priesten (near Kulm), then perhaps a short time to the monastery royal hall, then to the Knights of Naptitz , to the Lungwitz , House ofGersdorf , fell to Blankenstein , was to the Knights of Bünau sold by them to the Counts of Thun , formed with the surrounding villages the reign of Eula , and in 1671 came to Fideicommiss Tetschen, as already told. Formerly it formed with Riegersdorf , Merzdorf , stoned and old huts own estate. It is called ‘Court Eula’, which because of its size is divided into four parts as Eula, Riegersdorf, Merzdorf (for which old huts were counted) and stoned. Now Riegersdorf forms an independent political community with Steinsdorf . Eulau has market justice since ancient times. It means that there is no certificate of privilege, that the judge enjoys the demurrage, that he has to hold a municipal messenger and provide the market with stalls and boards. 1 Eulau also had guild justice, and the millers, carpenters, masons and tailors had their guild shops there. These guilds must have existed there for a long time without an imperial confirmation, because the citizens of Tetschen complained of it after the fire of Tetschen in 1749, and only the Count Johann Josef von Thun obtained the imperial confirmation for them. 2 Also, the Eulauer had the right that always four inmates slaughter there livestock, consume together, but were not allowed to sell meat from it. 3 It has already been told that in Eulau the jurisdiction was exercised, and there was already a court of appeal in ancient times. The history of this market town is already partly thought out, and we will commemorate this place more often. He had his own coat of arms, and carried on the court seal an owl sitting on a tree branch. 4
- Eulau(continued from I. 27 and II. 57 and 72.)
Eulau is a market town, forms with Stoned and Merzdorf a Kastralgemeinde, has a parish, a achtklassige school, a post office, a telegraph office, a Gendarmerie-Posten, 1189 residents, with Stoned and Merzdorf together 423 houses and pays the entire cadastral 6125 fl. 87 kr. direct tax. There is a station of the Dux-Bodenbacher railway here. To the already mentioned in II. 362, 364, 377, 379 and 386 clubs is still the local group Eulau of the German School Association to count.
In Eulau , until the end of 1887, three livestock and livestock markets were held, namely at the assembly after John of Nepomuk, at the assembly after the Maria Conception and at the first assembly in the month of November. Since 1888, a fair has been completely abandoned and the two existing fairs were approved on the 1st Monday after John of Nepomuk and on the 1st Monday after Galli.
The industry in Eulau is already thought. Also worthy of mention are the brickworks of Franz Rotsch , the wire-nails produced by Ferdinand Borte in the old so-called Theisig mill and the nickel factory of the Mehnerbrothers , which also supply gilding, silver plating and so on.
The political community Eulau includes:
- Stonedwith 738 inhabitants. The industry there has, increasingly through the dyeing of Wenzel Paul and the Lohstampfe of Vincenz Thiele . There was also earlier there the peanut button factory under the company Paul and Paechter . Adolf Paechter , however, built in 1881 next Bodenbach own stone-knob factory, which examples Franz Paul followed in 1884 and built on Merzdorfer reason such a factory.
- Merzdorfwith 615 inhabitants. It is there the old bleaching business of William John and since the modern times the glue factory and fat production for the preparation of light candles of Blomer and Gottwald. – The so-called “red mill”; in Merzdorf, the heir of Wenzel Franz, was acquired in 1888 for the creation of a factory for the production of buttons by A. Rost .
– There is also the fermentation of Josef Hesche . The local leather production testifies the good expertise of the producer.
On February 25, 1866, in the evening after six o’clock, fire broke out in the 1884 newly built stone-button factory of Franz Paul , which spread so quickly that the factory building was completely burnt out after a few hours.
Also, the house of the landowner burned on the night of August 30, 1887 Josef Fritsche in Merzdorf next to the so-called hunters Good down.
VII. The municipality Eulau
(from Bd. 2 chapter 1)
with the municipal office in Eulau , which includes the villages Eulau , Stoned and Merzdorf . We call:
- a)Eulau, old Gilow, whom we have often thought of. After the hardships of the Thirty Years’ War, the Eulau estate, as we call it, had only 939 inhabitants. 100 years ago Eulau had 121 houses, now it counts 187 with 1483 inhabitants. With stoned it has a basic area of 2015 yoke 940 Kft., Including the Tetschner Domainengrund is included. The counts of Bünau founded the Eulauer countly Thun’sche Meierhof or Vorwerk, whose inns were at the castle, but were demolished quite dilapidated, the Eulauer line. The local Heinrich von Bünau bought in 1599 the estate of Christof King, called the King’s Piece, in 1603 the estate of Fabian Simonnext to the Pfarrgütchen am Hegeberge, and in 1612 the estate of Mathes Zinke , henceforth still the name Zinkenstück, Zinkenwiese. Also the Riedelgut, where now a part of Neu-Eulau stands, the Duckengut at Stoned, the Kornleite, the Mühlstück at the Hegeberge and the chapel piece were acquired. 5 In front of the Eulauer Meierhofe many construction sites were awarded, especially in Neu-Eulau, and the remainder were leased. – In 1792 this was Meierhof on 11.207 fl. 10 kr. 6 At Paulushof in Upper Eulau stood the old village of Pavlacz , which we have often thought of. The plots of the villagers impoverished there by knights’ feuds and translated to Königswald (see I. vol.) May be partly forgiven, partly from which this court may have been founded. It is called: The Paulushof – or also called the upper court, belonged to the Herr von Bünau , was small, bad and carried very little. According to the oldest estimate he had only 64 yokes 1070 Klft. Land. It must have been purchased land because he later included about 80 yoke reasons. The Counts of Thun had him run by a conductor for a long time, because in 1675 Mathes Kraut was named Schaffner on Paulushofe. Likewise, the names of other lordly conductors occur. In 1767, the local grounds were leased and soon afterwards distributed around the year 1787 construction sites to settlers. Only a pond retained the rule. Each settler got a construction site of 100 Klft. and paid 10fl. Purchase money. Other plots were given on leasehold. The buildings of Paulshofer were estimated at 500 florins, but in the year 1788 they were given to settlers by 200 florins, – “because they always obeyed and were not fretful in the fulfillment of their duties,” they say. 7 This is how the Häusler diets originated in Upper Eulau . Your special services concerned the prevention of the livestock sheep on the local ground, the maintenance of the roads from Bohemia to Leukersdorf , the Kirch-Steiges from ears to Eulau , the foot through the community pasture of the so-called Brunnensteiges, leading to the Steinhof obrigkeitlichen road. 8 In 1792 the local Count Thun’sche possession on 4048 fl.15 kr. valued. Mahlmühlen there in the places Eulau that of Florian Nickel , the so-called “spark mill ” No. 154 – from its builder Ig. Funke 1843, and that of the builder Wenzel Windrich, the so-called “Peissigmühle” by its builder J. Peissig , so named in 1847. Incidentally, it should be noted here that the old buildings burned down at the Peissig mill when they wanted to build this mill. The board mill of Wenzel Kunert was built in modern times; also in 1874 the machine-weaving mill of AR Mitscherlich from Teplitz. The cotton mill of Münzberg & Comp. is already thought. The houses of the five farmers in the so-called Eulauer Rübendörfel were earlier inside the place, where there is the floating ground. A so-called Paul farmer had, because his house had been completely torn up on the swimming ground and threatened to collapse, around the year 1771 to build the place, which today is called Rübendörfel. The four other farmers soon followed for the same reason. The name should have received from the local beet.
The local mayor Anton Tampe , inn owner , is a member of the Tetschner district representation.
- b)Stonedhad 61 years ago and now has 117 houses with 831 inhabitants. There is the stone button factory under the Paul & Pächter company. One still shows there the former Richtstätte.
- c)Merzdorf, the old village of Martern, lying along the Luhbuhce brook, had 46 years ago, has now 94 houses with 795 inhabitants and a base area of 526 yokes 745 Klft., including the Domaine reason is included.
The Meierhof, called “Steinhof”, in Merzdorf , in old documents under the name “lower Vorwerk” occurring, was founded by the Eulauer knights of Bünau from together purchased farm estates, which is why a large part of the local fields and meadows still the “Bäuerei” is called. He was also later called the Meierhof to “Unter Eula”, although he was in the to the good Eulau belonging village Merzdorf lay. He is called Vorwerk already in 1540 and belonged to the Günther von Bünau , owner of the estate Eulau. He was still very small then. In 1550, Heinrich von Bünau acquired the Prosius Kergel s Garten, which today is still called “Kergels Striemen”, and in 1575 the farm estate “des Kettner” acquired. 9 So the legend still alive in Eulau that the former owner of the so-called “Kettner” stole iron chains of authority, was punished for having taken his estate and called it “Kettner”, is a fable. According to the land registers, the “Kettnergut” was bought. Also in 1583 the estate of Jonas Hoffmann , 1589 the estate of the Urban Kundel , bought the estate of Valtin Klement in 1595 and so on and smuggled these goods to the Vorwerke Unter-Eula , Eulau and Riegersdorf . Heinrich von Bünau also exchanged his estate bought by Andreas Fritsche with Valentin Jäger ‘s in Merzdorf , thus enlarging the Meierhof in Unter – Eula . It’s still called Jägerbüschchen today. 10 At the In 1653 Count Rudolf von Thun received this farm for the estate of Bünauburg. It was called the Steinhof because of the location of its farm buildings on high rocks. Count Johann Josef von Thun had the present buildings built there. In 1792 he was on 8303fl. 50 kr. appreciated, was very often, so already leased in 1767, arrived but always in his own direction, because he was of little use.
Among the Merzdorf mills we find the so-called new mill of the Josef Döner , which existed at the time of the Knights of Bünau as Eisenhammer. Even today you can find there in excavations iron slags. When the ironstone began to lack, they built a two-speed grinding mill and called it the new mill or new mill. After the Eulau municipal district she is said to have already been established as Mahlmühle at the time of the Knights of Bünau and the hammer mill had been moved to the so-called Froschmühle in Althütten. Documented the Neumüller is called in 1672. 11 It was stately and was sold in the year 1700 by 75 fl. For an interest of 24 dash grain, 6 stroke wheat and some Füllhühner emphiteutisch. However, the necessary pine and beech wood from the stately forest and the millstones had to be delivered to the yard, and the mill-ditches had to be cleared of the robots. 12 Josef Döner set up a grinding mill there in 1878 as an art mill. – The so-called red mill, now owned by Wenzel Franz , also existed at the time of the Knights of Bünau . Her name is said to have been obtained from the red paint on the beams of her binding. Already in 1706 it appears under the name “Rothe mill”. A Georg John appears as owner at that time. It also consisted of two-course, was stately and was in the year 1700 by 100 fl., Almost sold under the same conditions as the Neumühle. The Brettschneidemühle built an August Schicktanz . 13 – – The Windrichs Brettschneid mill appears in the oldest estimates as Mahlmühle, insisted however, even before 1715 as stately Brettschneid mill, was rebuilt in 1832 and significantly improved about two decades ago as a gate mill. 14 – – The so-called Froschmühle in Niederrmerzdorf – formerly called Althütten – existed as an iron hammer and was converted into a catchy grinding mill with a barley pestle . In the year 1700 she was sold by 75 fl. For interest of Metzengetreide, she owned Hans Püschel , called Froschmüller. 15 In 1794 Johann Georg Püschel , the Froschmüller, bought from Johann Georg Hieke 462 Klftr. Meadow around the house. 16 There was also an oil mill in “Althütten” at the time of the Knights of Bünau . It still exists today as Lohstampfe and oil mill in Merzdorf , and is now called there at the Oelhieken. 17
The inhabitants of these villages drive agriculture, livestock, trade and commerce.
Contribution by Ms Martina Heller.