XXV. The community Tyssa
with the municipal office in Tyssa , which includes the towns of Tyssa with Schönstein and Raiza . We call:
- a)Tyssa on the Erzgebirge. One hundred years ago, with Schonstein, 162 houses, 200 years ago, still suffering from the tribulations of the Thirty Years War, had only 196 inhabitants, now has 306 houses with 1898 inhabitants, and has a basic area of 1978, 1051 Klftr the local Tetschner Fidei Commiss reason is attributed. The name Tyssa, from the Slavic “Tis” = Rotheiben, also Taxusbaum, was formerly less well-known for that place, than the name Schonaw, Schönau, Schonawstein, Schönstein, because it belonged just to the good Schönstein , of which already was told. Devastated in the Thirty Years’ War, Tyssa without Schönstein had only 16 landlords. 1
The Barbican or the Grange Schönstein seems to be very old and already one of the possessions of the Lord v on Wartenberg to have heard, because it already existed at the time of the first Bünauer and desert was, as can be seen from the already mentioned forester bill. Günther von Bünau , the restorer of the castle or the house Schönstein, gave by lottery lots of land there to the subjects in lease, why they were called the Losgründe or Losgüter. The counts of Thun had in 1629 there a captain named Johann Batholomäus Sulzner 2 which administered the local economy. After burning down the small castle there due to the imprudence of the Croats in 1631, this farm remained again desert and is still called after the Thirty Years’ War as a “wild Vorwerk”. There was no reason to lease the grounds, because at that time there were only 16 innkeepers in Tyssa, which were completely impoverished. At first a shepherd’s house was restored there. In 1669 a Merten Weigend appears as a stately shepherd to Schönstein. 3 Even after the erection of the Fidei Committe Tetschen, the Wirthschafts-Gebäude must have been rebuilt, because in 1675 a stately conductor is again mentioned in Schönstein. According to the earliest estimate, the Schöffer had 556 bushels of old field, of which 87 bushels were used for sowing winter grain, 200 bushels for summer grain and fallow land, 250 bushels for oats, 14 bushels for barley and 5 bushels for heath grain. By slashing this basic complex was brought to 900 bushels, built grain, barley, oats, turnips, 135 hay, 12 feet Grummet and kept 33 milking cows. 4 He was of little use. Because of this, sixty construction sites were awarded to settlers in 1757 on the noble grounds of Schönstein, which were gradually built up. 5 The Countess Philippa of Thun had earlier had the settlements founded there, which were called “Philippinek.” 6 A portion of the farmyard grounds were given interest to these settlers. In 1791 a hunters’ house was built there, of which we will still remember, and in 1792 there was a sheepfold in Schoenstein with 600 sheep. 7 In 1792, this lordly court was 18.612 fl. 16 kr. 1/1/2 Pf. CMze. valued. 8th Later, the remaining land was leased and the Wirtsschaftsgebäude settlers left.
The local metal, horn button, brass goods, bijouterie factories, etc. will be specially thought of later. – There are now four grinding mills and a Lohstampfe. Among these mills, in 1558, Georg Humpelt and later also the former mill-mill were named. In 1688 there was a certain Rauchfuss and in 1696 a Christoph John there stately Zinsmüller. 9 The so-called Winkler `specific mill was only in 1741, and the herb ` specific built in 1785th 10 From the Krautmühle, now No. 94, tells the legend that the first founder of the same Emperor Josef II.when he traveled the area in a year, asked permission to build, and received an answer from the Emperor: “If it does not harm your neighbor, you can build.” 11 The shoe-leather upholstery factory, founded in 1870, is still to be named of Josef Zechel . 12
The local factory owner Franz Anton Püschner is a member of the Tetschner Bezirksvertretung.
- b)Raiza, also frequently written Raitza, located in a valley at the so-called Schenkbrunnen in the Erzgebirge. One hundred years ago, it had 44 houses, 200 years ago, after the Swedish wars, only 85 inhabitants and now has 60 houses with 352 inhabitants. It belonged formerly to the Johanniterbesitzungen, appears later as belonging to the Good Schönstein, comes with this to the rule Eulau and then to the Fidei Commiss Tetschen. In the oldest estimates, it occurs under the name Ratze and Ratzein and is still called “Ratze” in the Volksmunde today. 13 It was completely destroyed in the Thirty Years War, had only 85 inhabitants, when it had risen partly from the rubbish in 1653, and cost 13 fl. 24 kr. 2 Pf. And gave a small guard money. Every cottager, however, made a bigger robot than before the Thirty Years’ War, probably because the counts of Thun had done the most to rebuild this place and had given away more reason in the steady interest to the new settlers. – In the so-called Schafschlüchte, in a rocky valley, a sheepfold was built about 60 years ago on a clearing, and there for the use of many Haide (Erica vulgaris) a special sheep, the so-called “Haideschncken”, transplanted from Lüneburg, which but received again. 14 From the so-called “duck puddles, the fountains and other sources” springs a brook, whose waters drove a catchy sub-humorous grinding mill. She paid 2 shock 3 gr., And Count Maximilian of Thun gave it in the year 1689 a few pieces of reason, for which four Robottage had to be done. 15 The Raiza and Tyssa mill trenches had to be cleared by robots. – The place Raiza is next to the so-called war wood, about which will be told. During the war timber dispute two new houses had been built in Raiza. The Saxons came with an armed hand and tore them down on the pretext that they had been built on a disputed basis without their permission. Andreas Weber andAndreas Weigend , the innocent victims, received from the count of Thun`schen pensions compensation of 24 shock Gr. After carrying out the war wood dispute, new houses were built there again. There he also gave an old dispensing justice with free baking and battles against acceptance of the imperial beer and payment of an interest of 7 fl. 16
The inhabitants of these places usually feed themselves as factory workers in the Tyssa button factories, as forest workers, through industry, trade and commerce.
XXV. The Municipality of Tyssa
(Continuation of Vol. 2, p. 105)
includes as political community Tyssa and Raitza , which together have 2449 native inhabitants in 384 houses and a direct tax of 5319 fl. 26 kr. numbers. We call:
- a)Tyssa, a parish village with 2096 native inhabitants. This place actually consists of three parts, namely the part of Schönstein, the part of Tyssa, and the part of Antonsthaler already belonging to the district of Aussig. The name Schonau, Schönau, since the year 1554 Schonaustein or Schönstein, was called during ancient times much more than the name Tyssa, probably because the place Tyssa belonged to the good and the castle areas Schönstein and the same also very devastated during the Thirty Years’ War had been and had few settlements. The hamlet Anthonsthal is a foundation of modern times. We have often called the place Schönstein. We must be surprised and unexplainable that the name ” Schönstein”Was not maintained, since the old castle was so called, there for all the Good Schönstein belonging villages was officiated during ancient times, and in Schönstein was formerly a church, a school and a brewery.
Tyssa has a five-grade school, a kk post office, a kk financial guard division, a military veterans club, the workers training association “Eintracht”, a volunteer fire department, a singing and music club, which is called “German Liederkranz “, a gymnastics club, a local chapter of the German school club and a mountain club section. In Schönstein there is a countless Thun`sche forestry.
The industries there are already thought of in 2,107 and 155. It is only to be noted that the company “Weigend und Püschner” bought the so-called Krautmühle No. 94 in Tyssa and made a new building for the purpose of button, jewelery, jewelery and buckle production. – In addition to buttons, Prokop Jäger also produces buckles and various jewelery.
In the month of June 1885, this Tyssian mountain club division made many improvements on the Tyssaer walls and a new way to a rock section unknown there, as well as many markings. It has also built a way to the so-called “Croatian camp”. 17 – Consider here the so-called Tyssaer walls, which belong to the Bohemian Switzerland, because of their strange rock formations and their picturesque forms and their peculiar design have probably been visited by many thousands of people. Every year, the number of visitors increases because of the high snow mountain with its high observation tower and the Saxon Bilagrund in the vicinity. So the work of the Tyssian Mountain Division is highly appreciated. Called may still be the “Swedish stone”, which one sees on the eastern rock walls of these a little separated. Legend has it that Swedes living in Tyssa set up a sentry there to avoid being surprised by the swarming Austrian Croats. – We also commemorate that Emperor Joseph’s Memorial in Tyssa .
As already told in this story I. 370, was granted by Emperor Josef II. The permit to separate the villages Tyssa with Schönstein , Eiland and Raitza of the pastoral king forest, to unite them to pastoral care and in Tyssa from the then existing Religious fundraising to build a church and clergy dwelling. This construction was begun in 1785 and brought under roof after frequent interruptions in 1788, whereupon the Leitmeritz Consistorium sent the Friars Minorite Father P. Bartholomew Reynitzer as a pastor to Tyssa, which probably at first in the house of Anton HiebschHeld worship, but even then the presbytery of this church for the time being made to perform acts of worship. Because the emperor Joseph II owes his existence to the pastoral care and church of Tyss and his memory is otherwise celebrated very much for the present time, a decision was made in Tyssa to erect an emperor Joseph monument. So it became a committee and from this Ottomar Püschner, Merchant in Tyssa, elected chairman. The money collected for this flowed so abundantly that already on July 8, 1888, the foundation stone could be laid. In the hollow room of the same were inserted the newspaper pages, passable coins, the dedication and the local history, the first two volumes of the history: ” From the oldest history area of German Bohemia ” – A Historical Examination of Elbe and Eulau -Thales sammt Umgebung “by P. Franz Focke , pastor and personal dean in Königswald . The foundations of this monument to Emperor Joseph Franz Weigend , master mason in Peterswaldbuilt, the subset A. Grohmann , stonemasons in Tyssa, made of Cottaschen stone and the bronze statue was cast in the Prince Salm’s foundry to Blansko in Moravia.
The centenary founding anniversary of the Tyssaer parish church and the establishment of a local pastoral care there was ecclesiastical side of the Sct. Annafeste 1888, held as the titular stronghold of the Tyssaer church, very solemn. The church was redecorated for the worthy one-hundred-year memorial service, decorated as much as possible, and a new organ was erected in it by H. Schiffner from Böhmisch Leipa. Also in the previous year the pavement had been paved with Gastorfer boards, a beautiful glass chandelier had been purchased and the exterior of the church had been given a new coat of paint. And so this church for the centennial founding festivals appeared as newly built. At this commemoration all parish representations of the eingepfarrten villages, all clubs with their flags and a large crowd appeared.
When the statue of the Emperor Joseph was completed and erected, it was decided to unveil this monument on 2 September 1888. Before this celebration, the mayor Eduard Umlauft and the chairman of the founding Comité’s Ottomar Püschner , both from Tyssa, in their named property at the rectory in Tyssa, declared that the construction of this Emperor Josef monument was an act of gratitude to the Tyssian parishioners against Emperor Josef IIAs founder of the Tyssaer church and parish should be understood, and that no other motives were authoritative. On the eve of this feast day, a torchlight procession and a tattoo were held. On the day of the unveiling, in addition to all the Tyssa associations, the veteran and fire brigade associations of neighboring towns and deputations of these clubs from Teplice, Tetschen, Aussig and other places, which laid wreaths at this memorial, appeared. Ottomar Püschner , merchant in Tyssa, held the opening speech as chairman of the committee for the construction of this monument, after which he handed it over to the community of Tyssa. The community leader Eduard Umlauft took over this monument in the property of the municipality Tyssa. The speeches that were held during this time commemorated the emperor Joseph as a benefactor of the Tyssa community, initiating the edification of the church and establishing pastoral care, and especially praising its German descent and attitudes, and testifying to the German spirit of the Tyssian population and the same will faithfully and firmly hold on to Germanism, as Joseph II the great noble emperor from the German tribe of the Habsburgs. This celebration was closed by a banquet table.
Here we also remember the French treasure in the Tyssa walls, of which the communications of Nordbohm. Excursions Club of 1886 in the 3rd booklet tell that a certain Charles Louis Leduquinwas one of those noblemen who was the guillotine of Louis XVI. attended. In order to escape the same fate, he had fled and come to Tyssa, where he had hidden in the walls and their many hiding places his treasures, which he would not have found again later, because they were either robbed or not the right place to hide found again. He had been mad about it, had wandered around in the villages, but had healed animals and made themselves useful to the local peasants to get a camp or a meager meal. He also had a lot of trouble with the bone dissolution by means of the Papin pot or digestor. He had at first embroidered dresses after French cuts, but later a long green tails, high boots and a wide hat worn. He had been of pleasant appearance, and had in particular a long beautiful beard, which he always wore in his waistcoat buttoned up. He was said to have died in Grosskaudern at a farmer named Strahl in old age.18
b. Raitza with 358 native inhabitants. The local one-class elementary school was opened in 1886.