Schönwalder Timetable 1100 - 1923
1100 At this time Schönwald has surely existed as a small village.
1169 Schönwald is called as a church place (pulcher mons).
1200 Schönwald is said to have belonged to the monastery Osseg. (?)
1300 Schönwald belongs to the reign of Graupen.
1360 Nikolaus Gundrami is appointed pastor in Schönwald.
Installer is the pastor of Ebersdorf.
1363 The priest James becomes pastor of Schoenwald.
Installer is the pastor of Eulau.
In 1468 , Nickel Winter is a municipal judge in Schönwald.
1487 Timo von Kolditz sells the barons Graupen and accessories
to Ernst von Schönburg by 15,000 guilders.
1495 The congregation Schönwald belongs to the diocese of Meissen.
1537 – 1547 Disputes between Kursachsen and Bohemia because of
undefined borders, so also because of a creek near Schoenwald.
To determine commissions take place.
1580 Tam (Damian) of Sebottendorf buys parts of the reign of Graupen
and founds a new reign “Schönwald”. (Schönwald, Peterswald,
Nollendorf and forest tracks at Sernitz and Tellnitz.
1620 The rule Schoenwald is confiscated by the treasury.
1622 Damian von Ottendorf buys it, but is expelled as a Lutheran.
1624 The Herrschaút comes to Baron Franz Courrières. (Kurirar)
1632 The Saxons plunder Schoenwald. Damian von Ottendorf comes with
the imperial army to Schönwald and takes over the rule. In
September, he must leave the same, this time for ever.
1633 Count Nikolaus von Schönfeldt comes into the possession of the rule Schönwald.
1639 The Swedes devastate the place and burn down the church.
1647 – 1656 , the destroyed buildings are gradually rebuilt, in the
latter years also the church.
1649 Simon Gröschel is a stately official writer. Hanß Zechel, schoolmaster,
begins writing the church records.
1655 Schönwald arrives at the newly established diocese of Leitmeritz.
1663 April 24th . In Schönwald the first funeral sermon is held.
1667 Nikolaus Loew in Prague pours three new bells for the church.
1671 Pastor Ignatio, on the estate of the pastor, receives interest for a number of years from church
funds . Said pastor creates new
In 1686 the organ built in Dresden is erected.
In 1696 the church is painted, new matrices are created and the data from 1671 is
In 1697 the first chaplain Christian Pöckel works in the village.
1699 Count Josef Rudolph von Schönfeldt leaves his brother half of the
common property. Josef Franz is now the sole owner.
In 1701 the parish barn was rebuilt from scratch.
1704 Count Josef Rudolph makes v. Testament v. 1st oct. Point 18 a hospital
(Pfründner) foundation and a Kaplanstiftung. He bequeathed
1000 Reichsthaler to the church. The parish building is considered with 100 guilders.
1705 The rule passes to the sister of the above brothers. The husband of the
sister is Count Franz Ignatz Wratislav von Mitrowitz, governor of
1706 Count named builds the donated hospital. On September 1, General Vicar
P. Tobias Joh. Frz. Hübner, former pastor in Schoenwald, the newly built
pilgrimage church in Mariaschein and transferred in this the miraculous image.
1707 June 9th . The heart of the hospital founder who died in Prague is buried in the
church wall to the right of the altar and a marble plaque with an
inscription is attached.
1708 Owners of the estate and his wife have
a stone coat of arms inscribed above the door of the castle .
1710 The main wall of the convertible dilapidated dwelling house must be provided with a stiffener (support) by
1712 All the farmers of Schönwald and Peterswald seek robotic relief
for the carriage to Prödlitz. ( Without success! )
1714 , the newly built church in Böhm. Kahn inaugurated and on the same day
there married a couple from Schönwald.
In 1715 , the new wooden altar was erected in Schönwald. On November 23
, the oldest Pfründner who died in Snital, 96 1/2 years old, is buried.
1716 Master builder Peter Versa from Leitmeritz builds the new parish.
1719 In this year there were still some desert, ie abandoned goods in the place.
In 1720 the tower button was removed, the documents of 1656 rewritten
and completed and reloaded.
1720 May 21st . Erection of the statue of St. John of Nepomuk at house no. 196.
On the occasion of the canonization of John v. Chr. Nepomuk the Schönwalder pilgrimage to Leitmeritz, where great festivities take place.
In 1732 the copper kettledrums still in use were bought. (31 fl 42 kr)
1742 The rule Schönwald must supply grain to Aussig, where even military
1744 – 1745 The Prussian troops take a staked camp near Schoenwald.
In 1748 das.Bräuhaus was rebuilt u.zw. from Leitmeritz master builder Peter Verta.
Prohibition of domination against arbitrary Sachsengehen.
1754 Construction of the Meierhof by the above master builder.
1756 Oct 27. . On the return from Lobositz, King Frederick the Great arrives
in Schönwald at 3 o’clock in the afternoon with 2 battalions and takes up his
quarters there overnight.
1757 Frederick the Great arrives on July 25th through Schönwald and marches to
the Kotta camp in Saxony.
In 1759 envoys from the city of Aussig have to go to Prussia. Feldkommissariat in
Schönwald 150 ducats killed, so that the hostages Primator Eisbrich and
P. Münch are released.
1760 Due to the introduction of dysentery, the number of deaths increased this
year to 168.
1767 Pastor Schneider achieves that the Charwoche
and Christmas can be celebrated at the branch church in Peterswald as well as in the
mother church Schoenwald.
In 1771 the house numbers are introduced. (172 houses)
In 1776 , the Peterswalder and Schönwalder farmers once again
arrived for the Prödlitz robots . (Unsuccessful as 1712)
1778 In the so-called potato warfare, part of the Austrian army marches
past the Spitzberg to Saxony.
1779 Crown prince, later Emperor Josef II, travels
the war zone and rides from Peterswald via Schönwald and Zinnwald to Osseg. 1783 The indebted rule Schönwald comes under receivership. The branch churches to Peterswald and Nollendorf become independent.
In 1790 the new church is built.
1791 Due to indebtedness, the estate belonging to Schönwalder estate Prödlitz is
sold to the owner of Türmitz.
1793 Freiherr von Hackelberg buys the rule Schönwald.
In 1795 , the new church was inaugurated by district dean Hesse.
1802 The rule comes to the 2 brothers Anton and Franz Wagner from Böhm. Kahn.
1808 The hospital building falls into decay.
1813 war year. Billets, deliveries, transport. Introduction of the
Ruhr. The dilapidated hospital must be cleared away.
1822 The parish is tiled. The still usable, demolished
shingles come to the church roof.
1828 The rule comes because of disorderly economy in decay.
1835 The dilapidated school is rebuilt. Church and tower are covered with shingles
. The school is dual-class.
1840 The community reforests the school forest because it
had aborted a piece in 1838 .
1842 The manufacturer Anton Balle in Zwickau buys the rule Schönwald.
The village street is being built and partially relocated.
1847 Construction of a spraying house. (In 1839, a fire-engine had been bought.)
1846 border inspection; 1847 Borderline between Bohemia u. Saxony through
its own commissions.
1848 The National Guard consecrates its flag on August 13th. On 15 August
church parade. On the occasion of the Constitution proclamation (new constitution)
a bonfire on the Spitzberge.
1849 advent of private money. The guilder plaques were cut into half and quarter
. Militäreinquartierung. 360 man field hunter.
1850 municipal elections under the new electoral system. The previous judge will become
1866 war year, passages of the Saxons and Prussia.
1867 big fire. It burned down the house no. 66, 67, 70, 291, 183, 185.
1878 Bank owner Emanuel Sommer from Böhm. Leipa buys the rule.
1880 On August 16, between Schönwald and Peterswald, a heavy
downpour broke down and caused much damage.
The new school is built in 1881 and inaugurated on 4 June.
In 1882 the school became four-class.
1892 Count Friedrich Westphalen in Kulm buys the rule Schönwald. The purchase price
is not mentioned in the chronicle.
1893 The Tellnitzer station is built.
1897 29., 30. and. July 31 Flooding due to cloudburst. A lot of damage.
1898 construction of the new road. (Friedrichstraße) through the forest to Tellnitz by
Count Westphalen. The “Neuweg” is being developed by the municipality as a street
In 1906 the Austrian General Staff was present
with 25 staff officers and 9 upper officers, including 147 men and 126 horses . Solemn reception by the community, school, clubs, etc. A major lived at
school on 9th June. The Chief of the General Staff and his escort were quartered in the castle.
1909 The iron road railing is built.
1911 Very dry year, drought, water and food waste. On Dec. 31st test drive on
the newly built electric train to Tellnitz.
1912 On the 1st of January opening of the general traffic on the named course.
1913 Inauguration of the monument in Kulm and the observation tower in Nollendorf, as well as
the chapel at No. 134.
1914 beginning of the unfortunate world war; July 26th in part, on July 31 general
mobilization. The electr. Light is on.
1916 Franziska Ritschel from No. 302 dies in asylum at the age of 100 years and 4
weeks, on 5 Sept. On the 21st of November, Emperor Franz Josef I. dies and
Karl Franz Josef joins the government.
1917 Famine in the Erzgebirge. Decrease of the large and small bell, as well as the
chapel bells at No. 136 and No. 150.
1918 On the 28th of October the war ended. Beginning homecoming of the soldiers. Disintegration of the
monarchy. Proclamation of the Czechoslovak Republic. Thomas
1919 Cancellation of banknotes, war bonds and other securities.
Conscription of all savings deposits, cooperative shares, etc. Border
occupation by Slovak soldiers. (Legionnaires)
1920 Homecoming of prisoners of war.
1921 In the Feber census. 32 persons with Czech mother tongue.
1919 The 1st municipal elections after the founding of the state. Gustav Ritschel from No. 59
community leaders .
1923 municipal elections. Again community leader Gustav Ritschel No. 59.