The origins of the Worsch-Schmiede
Nothing is known about the origin and origin of the Worsch family. Only in the second half of the 18th century can their existence be documented.
The oldest demonstrable ancestor is a certain Anton Worsch, who was born around 1735 in an unknown place. He had learned the blacksmith craft and led this around 1770 in the Bohemian border town of Peterswald.
In 1775 Anton Worsch turned to his rule in Schönwald, the count Wratislaw. Peterswald belonged to the Grundherrschaft Schoenwald; Anton Worsch thought of building his own smithy in PW in order to get rid of his dependence on his employer. In his petition to your High Reichs gräfl. Accordingly , he asked for his permission to build a residential and commercial building, so that he would not work and run alone in the parishof Peterswalde here . His suggestion was to be able to get a construction site in the meantime to the comfort of his Schmidt work and to be able to erect.
The economic conditions for this were favorable, especially since the ancient Salt Road leading through Peterswald in the 18th century was again important, after Saxony and Bohemia in 1752 had decided to set up the postal service between Dresden and Prague. The now increasing and ever-increasing passenger and cargo traffic not only increased the population of the border town, it also led to an increased demand for blacksmith work, especially with regard to the tires of wooden wheels and the misting of the horses.to allow the most humble request in grace , but with the condition that Anton Worsch do his learned gewärbe God fearing, honest and peaceful. One year later, on the 4th of February, 1777, the longed-for approval was finally granted, and it was permitted in grace to set up its own smithy in the Petersdorf Mitteldorf, on the condition that this apartment or house belong 40 paces from its neighbor. In gratitude, Anton Worsch promised that he and his wife, Ludmilla, born in 1734, would honor the Most High for the highest good of all . House will be worshiped without ceasing.
Soon after the building permit was granted, Anton Worsch began constructing his half-timbered construction on parcel No. 258. The building, which was rebuilt several times in later times, was given the house number. 221, later no. 20 and was located directly on the village street.
In the 18th century, the Worsch smithy was the only one in the village. In the large wagon traffic, which went through Peterswald, she was also much besieged. The smithy was associated with a tobacco shop, a liquor store and a junk shop. It was said that the old Worsch blacksmith could measure his silver money in baking bowls. A second blacksmith named Thorand in House 206 had less clientele to draw. (This paragraph is from the publication by Franz Umlauft)
To this day, there is a Worsch-Schmiede, but now after the expulsion no longer in today’s Czech Republic, but in Saxony.